If you support Mac users in your Exchange 2007 environment you are definitely going to want to take a hop on over to the Man Mojo: The Office for Mac Team blog and read the recent post on the Entourage for Exchange Web Services.
Some new features available now to Mac users:
- Tasks, Notes, and Categories now sync with the Exchange Server
- Resolving names against the Global Address List now works via EWS/HTTP. This means you no longer need to be connected to your corporate network via VPN to resolve names when addressing an e-mail or meeting invitation
- Improved Autodiscover. In Entourage for Exchange Web Services Beta, the Autodiscover service keeps user account settings up-to-date after the account setup.
- It runs in the background every time that you start Entourage.
- It also runs at a server-defined interval, typically every hour, to make sure that the Exchange Server settings are always kept up-to-date
The minimum requirements to install the Entourage for Exchange Web Services beta are:
- You must be connecting to Exchange Server 2007 with Service Pack 1 with Update Rollup 4 or later.
- Caution: If you are using earlier versions of Exchange Server with Entourage, we recommend that you do not install this beta edition of Entourage for Exchange Web Services.
- Office 2008 for Mac Standard or Special Media Edition must be installed, with all of the latest updates, prior to installing Entourage for Exchange Web Services Beta.
- Note: Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition users should not install the Entourage for Exchange Web Services beta.