1. TechNet: The first and foremost definitive source of information for Lync is the Lync TechNet library. I would HIGHLY recommend that you peruse its contents to familiarize yourself with its layout. Bookmark this link.
2. Downloadable guides: Here you will find all the content of the TechNet Lync Library is easy to read Word docs. These are very useful for creating your own administration procedures as you can easily copy tasks from here to your own templates. They are also perfect for printing out and reviewing at your leisure.
3. Lync Operations: Familiarize yourself with this section of the Lync library as it pertains to the general operations of Lync.
4. Lync Update Resource Center: This is a one stop shop for keeping Lync up to date. Here you will find the latest and greatest materials.
5. Blogs: Blogs are often the best source of information for Lync. I would recommend that you add these blogs to your favorite blog reader.
a. http://blogs.technet.com/b/nexthop/ – MS CS Team blog, be sure to check out the Blog Roll on the right column for a listing of excellent CS related blogs.
b. http://blogs.technet.com/b/uc/ – MS Unified Communications Team
c. http://blogs.technet.com/b/csps/ – CS PowerShell Team
6. Download the offline Lync help file. This file is a .CHM (chum) file and contains a snapshot of the entire Lync TechNet library. Very useful for offline viewing. It updates roughly once every quarter.
7. Lync Adoption and Training Kit: I cannot stress the usefulness of this site enough for Lync adopters. Here you will find a vast amount of user friendly resources that can be shared and rebranded to be used as collateral for new Lync users. I’m very fond of the Tools and Apps section. Check out some of the cool new apps that you can add to Lync.
8. Lync Resource Kit: The Lync Server 2010 Resource Kit is the technical reference for the product. This book extends the product planning, deploying, and managing documentation in the Lync Technical Library. This book serves as a companion to the product documentation to learn how the product works under the hood.
9. Lync Resource Kit tools: Provided to help make some routine tasks easier for IT administrators who deploy and manage Lync Server 2010.
10. Lync Books: Here are a couple of books that you can purchase for your own library.
a. Lync Server 2010 Unleased: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Lync-Server-2010-Unleashed/dp/0672330342
b. Mastering Lync Server 2010: http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Lync-Server-Nathan-Winters/dp/1118089537/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1306267100&sr=8-6 (not released yet)