The Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Management Pack for SCOM 2007 monitors the health of computers running Office Communications Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003 and alerts IT administrators about critical health conditions that indicate degraded performance.
Feature Bullet Summary:
The management pack monitors and provides alerts for:
- Automatic notification of events indicating service outages
- Performance degradation
- Health monitoring
- Centralized management
A new article was just published by the ASKCORE team on the topic of the WinSXS folder and just what it is, why it is so big and why it keeps getting bigger.
“The only way to safely reduce the size of the WinSxS folder is to reduce the set of possible actions that the system can take – the easiest way to do that is to remove the packages that installed the components in the first place. This can be done by uninstalling superseded versions of packages that are on your system. Service Pack 1 contains a binary called VSP1CLN.EXE, a tool that will make the Service Pack package permanent (not removable) on your system, and remove the RTM versions of all superseded components. This can only be done because by making the Service Pack permanent we can guarantee that we won’t ever need the RTM versions.”
Click here to read the entire article…
To learn a bit more about WinSxS, disk space and Windows 7 click here…
Network Monitor 3.2 is a protocol analyzer. It allows you to capture network traffic, view and analyze it. Version 3.2 is an update and replaces Network Monitor 3.1. Network Monitor 3.x is a complete overhaul of the previous Network Monitor 2.x version.
- Process tracking: Categorize network traffic based on the name and ID of the owning process.
- Extensive parser set: For over 300 public and Microsoft proprietary protocols.
- Improved capture rate: Drop fewer frames on high-speed networks.
- ContainsBin plug-in: Search frames for strings or arbitrary byte sequences.
- Find conversations: Quickly isolate related frames.
- Network Monitor 3.2 API: Create your own applications that capture, parse, and analyze network traffic.
- Support for frame truncation.
- Indication of the number of dropped frames.
- Streamlined UI toolbar
Click here to download… (Updated for Netmon 3.3)
Read about the release on the TechNet: Netmon blog…
Having trouble finding out where to get the Live Meeting 2007 client and conferencing add-in for Outlook?
I’ve also included direct links to download the client below.