Starting with the RC0 release of Windows Server 2008, Terminal Services Web Access (TS Web Access) requires the most recent update to the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client software. This updated version is available in the beta versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
If you are taking part in a Microsoft Connect Beta program, you can download the beta versions of Windows Vista SP1 or Windows XP SP3 from the program Web page.
If you are not an administrator, and you are using TS Web Access at your workplace, contact your system administrator to determine whether your workplace is participating in a Microsoft Beta program. If it is a participant, your system administrator can help you to obtain the updated RDC client software.
Read the rest of the post here…
The Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Connector for Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) lets you view the results of an MBSA scan in a clear, comprehensive Microsoft Office Visio 2007 network diagram.
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition enables you to make outbound audio calls and answer inbound phone calls from callers (PBX, PSTN, VoIP or soft-phone callers) and provides this functionality from inside or outside the company firewall. In short, you can do everything you can do today with your regular phone – and more.
With Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition, you have new voice communication capabilities not available with your traditional desktop phone. For example you can:
- Set call-handling options to forward calls to another number or contact, so you can get calls on your mobile phone, for example, when you’re not in the office
- Configure your presence and view the presence for your Contacts
- Touch-to-call a contact without needing to look up their phone number
- Easily initiate calls to contacts, transfer calls and conference callers together
- Play individual voicemails without needing to go through the full voicemail menu
- Search for and call people in your company’s global address list (GAL) without needing to look up their phone number
These are just a few of the features enabled by Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition.
You’ll need to reference the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Update Service Deployment Guide for additional instructions.
The FCS Best Practices Analyzer Tool is designed for administrators who want to determine the overall health of their Forefront computers and to diagnose current problems. The tool scans the configuration settings of the computer and reports issues that do not conform to the recommended best practices.