This provides early adopters of the new application with a basic protection option in advance of support planned for the next release of the NetWorker Module for Microsoft Applications
The new option is made available via a small NetWorker plug-in and an EMC Technical Note, and is supplemented by step-by-step backup and recovery instructions in the NetWorker Procedure Generator. With it NetWorker users gain:
- Full backup support for Exchange 2010 server, database, and volume levels (incremental backups are not supported).
- Database Availability Group (DAG) support, including DAG Active Node and Passive Node backups.
- Optional Exchange consistency checks.
- VSS software provider support.
- Server and database recovery.
- Recovery Database (RDB) recovery.
- Directed database recovery.
- Mailbox level recovery via RDBs and Exchange tools.
- Deduplication via Avamar or Data Domain.
The new solution is available for use with NetWorker 7.5 SP2 and requires the software plug-in and the NetWorker client software. For full details and download information, read the Microsoft Exchange 2010 Backup and Recovery Support with EMC NetWorker Technical Note.
UPDATE 10/20/2010: Version 1.1 build 128 released on 9/20/2010 – technical note updated to A05.4,609 views